Thursday 13 June 2013

The 3DS games that I'm looking forward to

I'm the owner of a 3DS and I'm not ashamed of it, Nintendo consoles are dubbed "babies consoles" but I stand by the fact that Nintendo has some great titles and I was the person who pre-ordered my 3DS for my 17th birthday (my birthday is in February and I waited a month to get my birthday present, sad I know ands the worst part was that I didn't get a 3D game I liked the look of for a good year after that but enough of that.)

Animal Crossing new leaf is coming out soon in the uk (really soon, so I apologise if the game comes out before I publish this post) I love animal crossing and I've probably been waiting for this since it was announced in 2010 but I can't remember so I'll just say I've been waiting for this for a few years now, the coolest part for me is:

1.you can swim, the water always looked so nice and it seemed weird that there was so much water and you couldn't swim, I don't suppose you get to swim an awful lot but it still sounds cool.

2. you can wear and change you're trousers, it may not seem like much but for people who have worn shorts and dresses all year round for years is a good improment, the DS game saw the addition of changing you're hair and the Wii version let you change you're socks and shoes so to beable to change you're bottom half is a logical progression.

3. It's animal crossing, there will be tons of cool and quirky things to discover, animal crossing is like cuter, kookier Sims, Sims tried to be cuter with my Sims but honestly it didn't compare to animal crossing.



 but despite this I don't know if I'll go out and buy it straight away, I might wait for the reviews because I'm not sure about the "you are the mayor" thing, I preferred working my way up but I will buy it eventually, just maybe I'll buy it later when it's cheaper.

Professor Layton Azran legacies looks awesome, Professor Layton is one of those game series that is so addictive, it's more like a film than a game.
The stories are well written with great plot twists and the cut-scenes are beautiful and the puzzles are some times so hard I have to cheat, unfortunately because its more like a film its hard to put down and I end up finishing the story within a few days, but still worth it.

I always spoil the endings, it's like I have to know no matter what and my curiosity gets the better of me, I spoilt unwound future after I played Pandora's box and almost ruined the whole thing, I ruined the mask of miracles half way through and now I've just ruined Azran legacies too (why do I do this!?) I don't want to ruin any thing for everyone else but I learnt Emmy's secret and descole's identity and it ruined everything. (my advice, don't spoil the ending to a professor Layton game. ever)


Any way I will be buying next Professor Layton game and this one is meant to be last game with Hershel layton as the protagonist, I don't think this is the end of the Layton universe, I think the next games will be more focused on Luke but there was a game for IOS about Layton's son so maybe we will find out more about him (seeing as currently the Professor doesn't have a family so maybe after the events of the unwound future he can settle down? who knows but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Hershel Layton)



There is another game I'm looking forward to is Pokemon x and y, everyone seems to either hate it or love it,   The new fairy type seems a little pointless to me but it's super effective against dragons so maybe its not all that bad.


 (The pokemon I hate the most is Kingdra, it's dragon/water so ice isn't as effective so the only move you can use that deals damage is a dragon type move! But, kingdra is also dragon type so it can also hit your dragon type with super effective dragon moves and because its part water it can learn ice type moves!so unless you have a pokemon immune to everything that can use dragon type moves or alternatively a Kingdra you will lose- if you have a Kingdra too the two of you will be slugging it out to see who has the best Kingdra. Really anything that I can use to beat that pokemon will be cherished forever.)

The coolest thing about this game (other than riding around town on a Gogoat) is that the player character can be customized a little bit, as sad as that sounds it is a great relief to finally be able to make a character that actually resembles you (a little bit) I'm not even that racially diverse and there still hasn't been a character that looks like me because all the player characters have been dark haired whilst I'm blonde so imagine what must it must be like to African or Indian for example so the ability to change hair colour and skin tone of your player is a welcomed feature.



And lastly I'm waiting for the mew Smash Bros game, It will probably be much better on WiiU than it will on 3DS, but I'm still excited and if I were to get a WiiU this game would be on my wish list, the game comes in 2014 so maybe I will get a WiiU by then, who knows.

So far MegaMan, the Animal Crossing player character and the WiiFit instructor have all been revealed as fighters (although I secretly hope the WiiFit Instructor is a joke.)

Everyone is pretty hyped up about MegaMan and I know he has been on some people wish lists but the Animal Crossing fighter intrigues me the most, as a 12 year old I mused to joke/wish that there would be an animal crossing fighter and would laugh about how he could attack with his shovel and nets and what ever and thought it would be hilarious and would never happen and now that it has it makes me feel weird.

Is it weird that I'm more excited about the villager and the Wii fit trainer more than MegaMan (probably because MegaMan is an Obvious choice for a fighter and the other two are not.)

From watching the trailer the animal crossing boy is a fierce and merciless opponent, if it weren't for the fact he is so cute you would be terrified but I'm glad he made the cut and I wan't sure about the WiiFit Trainer but the trailer changed my mind, thinking about who would make a better fighter than a fitness instructor.


I hope that professor Layton at least gets a stage as I think it would be a good idea it could be like the warioware stage in brawl where you have to answer puzzles and not to mention the Layton universe would make a pretty stage, The professor would make a good fighter too, I also hope some of the new Pokemon could become fighters too like they did with Lucario in brawl, obvious choices there would be Zoroark or mewtwo and it's new forms but I still would like to see what they will do and who else has made it to the rooster.

No comments:

Post a Comment