Monday 17 June 2013

College is coming to an end; What will I do for the rest of my life.

My college course is coming to an end and I struggling to work out what I'm going to do with myself, for the past 2 years I've been studying media.

I had an idea of what I wanted to do before I started the course but now I'm not sure what I'm gonna be doing.

I decided against university because I feel university is only really worth while if you intend to be a doctor or a teacher or something that you need to prove you have intelligence but I don't intend to teach anyone anything because honestly I would make a terrible teacher, I'd rather not waste my money and time doing something if I don't necessarily need it. (If I do ever go to uni it would be because I absolutely need to because I'm stubborn and tight fisted.)

In my last year of school I had a few ideas of potential jobs I could see myself doing, my mum seriously thought I choose to work with animals and I do like animals and I love having pets but I couldn't do it as a job, I'd just kill them (accidentally obviously) but I myself never thought about doing that myself, I liked the idea of being a florist because I've always liked flowers too and I seriously considered this until I went to buy some flowers for my mum for mothers day.

The flowers were beautiful and everything but I couldn't help but notice the florists hands.
Her hands were in a horrible state, they were green and all cut up and the skin on her finger tips were thick and hard and it really put me off, I saw a brief glimpse of my future as a florist and it was glum, it's not like I even have nice hands any way so I'd have short thick green fingers I decided not to do that.

I then thought about I illustrating, that sounded fun although I wouldn't get paid an awful lot because I love drawing and it would be cool to make money and seeing my drawings being published then I a friend reminded me of the job I wanted to do when I was little which was animating.

You see I've been watching tv and playing video games pretty much since I was born (which is probably why I write this blog and is probably the reason why I do and like all the things I like and do.)  when I was 3 or 4 I was so blown away by tv shows like pokemon and the countless amount of disney films I used to watch that I wanted to make cartoons for a job,  (I also wanted to own a hotel or be a dog walker but I'll just forget about those job ideas.) I used to draw so much, I still do really but cartoons had encouraged me to draw and think up stories and things in the first place so it seemed like the perfect job for me.

So I went to college to become an animator but after 2 years of studying I don't know what to do any more, I think I to work in TV and film Pre-Production, the part before the it is filmed/animated where the script is written, Ideas are made and story boards and designs are drawn up because I obviously still watch too much tv, I still like drawing and I like thinking up stories.
I think I will look for pre-production tv and film related jobs and/or work experience using the grades I get from college and the ones I got from school, I also want to keep up this blog and try writing some of the stories I think up down some where (I might as well try any way) and I'll probably do this for a year and if I'm still jobless I will  see what has stopped me from getting the jobs like I need to know a certain program or I need a certain qualification I will apply to university or do another college course.

No comments:

Post a Comment