Monday 1 July 2013

My brother's Nerdaphernalia.

Nerdaphernalia is the word paraphernalia and nerd combined, nerd meaning geeky things like movies, video games, comic books ect. and Paraphernalia meaning belongings or Items associated with an activity so simply put this is a Blog post about the nerdy things that belong to my brother that I secretly wished they were mine.

I don't have too many nerdy things in my room other than actual video games and movies whilst my brother has all these cute little figures and what not and I decided I wanted to show everyone.
(I might make one of theses about the stuff in my bedroom too at some point.)




Star Wars Mighty Muggs.


I Just love these they are really cute, I think my brother a dad found these in Tesco years ago, they also brought a Luke skywalker Mighty Mugg but I haven't seen that one in a while, Darth Maul also came with the double ended light sabre but I think that also got lost, however Vader still has his helmet, cape and light sabre.
When my brother got these I had never seen them before but after a few years I found some Mighty Muggs in the local comic book shop and I also started seeing them on the internet but I still haven't come across any star wars ones (I'm sure I could find more on ebay if I really wanted to but the fact remains I haven't come across one unintentionally.)


Black spider-man (or is it technically venom?) Popobe Bear.

Like the Mighty Muggs Popobe bears are also made of vinyl and have different designs, My brother got this from Camden market when he went with my parents.
I had made plans with friends already so I couldn't go t Camdem and long story short I got locked out of the house and had to sit in my nan and granddads house alone. (My parents got me a CareBear Pobobe bear necklace for my troubles.)

I just like this because I think it's cute and cool , I do quite like super heroes and I also really love teddy bears.


Groudon and Kyorge figures.


This would be so much better if he had a Rayquaza figure too, my brother isn't very good at looking after his toys and poor Kyorge looks a little under the weather ("under the weather" get it?) My brother occasionally  goes through periods of really like one thing and rotating through them (one minute he likes Pokemon, the next he likes Stars Wars then he will move on to something else) he seems to like something if it is currently relevant like if a new Mario game comes out he will be really into Mario until he either completes them game or something new comes out.

About the age of 9 when Pokemon platinum was out he really got into to Pokemon again but that time he really really got into it, he even had a Pokemon themed birthday party and all he wanted that year was Pokemon teddies and figures until he got bored of it again and I am pretty sure this is when he got Groudon and Koyorge.

I just like pokemon and for me the best generation so far was gen 3, I like all the gens but I think gen 3 put more on the table in the way or new feature's and better graphics (since first gen obviously. ) so I like these figures.



Deadpool and Wolverine Lego.


My brother has so many Lego sets but this is one of the coolest, Wolverine comes with the motor bike and Deadpool comes with the helicopter, I'm not much of a comic book person which is sad because I really like Deadpool and he isn't really represented out of the comics, I would love him to get a cartoon series or a film but that seems unlikely, even though the Deadpool script is supposedly being/has been written and Ryan Reynolds has been chosen to portray him the film still seems to be a long way off, I do hope they go ahead with it.

My brother isn't really a comic book person (he isn't much a of a book person in general) and I don't believe he has seen any X-men movies either but he is knows of them so I don't think he brought the set because he is a Deadpool and Wolverine fan but probably because he thought they were cool and I agree with him.



Lego Avengers


The avengers Lego is different to the Wolverine and Deadpool Lego because he has seen the Avengers, the Iron man films, the Thor film and the incredible hulk so he does know more about these heroes and I guess he must like the avengers, Lego Iron man, Lego captain america and Lego black widow would make this much better but its pretty cute as is.

I like Lego Hulk and Lego Loki the best and besides with the Lego marvel video game coming out I'm looking forawrd to seeing theses figures in the game and how they can be used.


Sock monkey



I know this in't very nerdy but it is adorable, very few things are better than a good sock monkey (am I right?).

My uncle gave this to my brother, when we went to visit my uncle my brother fell in love with the sock monkey and my uncle said that an ex girlfriend had made it for him but my brother was quite welcome to have it and it's sat on his self ever since.

I just think sock monkeys are cool, I would never know where to start if I were to make one my self and if I did work it out it would probably fall apart any way, I just think this is well made, It's kind of sad that a girl put a lot of effort and made this for my uncle and then they split but rest assured the monkey has a loving home.

P.s 
The new FallOutBoy video comes out today so expect me to analyse that soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment