Tuesday 4 June 2013

Counting Stars- OneRepublic

I'm a really big OneRepublic fan and I was over joyed when they announced on twitter that their next single from the new album native was counting stars and that they were making a video and it didn't disappoint.

I have to admit I think I prefer this to the "feel again" and "if i lose myself" videos, it was just edgier than the other two (however Brent Kutzle the bassist dancing in "if i lose myself" was just too cute.)

This Video features a OneRepublic, crocodile and a mass religious- esque healing dance.

I guess the mass healing ritual what ever it is represents how music "heals" everything, maybe heal is the wrong word more like "makes you feel better", music can effect larger groups of people because obviously people have accesses to music where ever they are in the world and it doesn't make any difference who they are, everyone has their own music tastes.

I'm not too sure what the crocodile is doing, maybe he represents fear because they are seen as dangerous animals and because the croc is walking around maybe he represents the anticipation of fear, like its searching for something, he will eventually find someone and scare them but until then it's just walking around.

I really wanted to share this video because I think this song, band and video deserve more attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment