Tuesday 4 June 2013

Soul Eater

I have now joined the Soul Eater Bandwagon.

Over one weekend I have watched over half of all the soul eater episodes (I would have watched them all if it weren't for me feeling bad about ignoring my family, so I watched it for 3 hours at a time then took a break for an hour and a bit before watching it for another 3 hours, I did this on Saturday night, Sunday morning and evening then again Monday morning and evening.)

I decided to watch Soul Eater when i was scrolling through memes and finding a picture of Death the kid (I'd seen him before but never really cared enough to look it up.) But The meme/picture what ever it was criticized his symmetry which clearly intrigued me to the point of looking him up.

At first I watched it with subtitles (I was sort of skeptical of the dubbed version,  personally I find that dubbed anime isn't as good as subbed, its just I never like the voices and things get lost in translation and what not.) so I watched them subbed up until 34-ish then saw the first episode dubbed and loved it so much i went back and watched my favorite ones in English and then continued where I left off.

I have now gotten to the point whilst doing other things I'm thinking about Soul Eater and hoping/wishing that Soul and Makka end up together. it's horrible, its like I'm losing my willpower and I need to know what happens next (I haven't had this since reading the hunger games, yes its that bad and yes I'm that sad.)

Thankfully there are only 51 episodes so by the time I've finally seen them all I should be fine but Soul eater has a manga with more chapters and it's still on going!
I'll probably end up reading that when I've finished with the anime and if the Soul Eater Manga is anything like the Onepiece manga I'll probably be reading it for ever.

My favorite character is soul then Death The Kid then Makka, like I said before I really liked the dubbed version, I was expecting Makka to sound whiny but thankfully she wasn't (for some reason girls in anime are slightly whiny)so that was a nice surprise, I had higher hopes for Kids voice, his Japanese voice seemed to be slightly better, he sounded more regal and I was expecting him to sound English but his voice fit his character well and I do like it, it's just not what I had in mind, even Black Star's voice was okay (I was dreading his dubbed voice the most because he his the "shouty anime boy"  character and I find their voices annoying when they get dubbed into English, no offence.) but even Black Star sounded good.






No comments:

Post a Comment