Saturday 27 April 2013

Teen Titans Go!


The Teen Titans was a cartoon series on cartoonnetwork that aired between 2003 to 2006.
It was great because it was child friendly, it probably disappointed a lot of older fans but I was 7 or 8 when it aired so I didn't have a problem with it being childish and this show (along with a few others) are most likely the reason why I like the super hero genre, but on a non-nostalgic note this show introduced many kids to The super hero genre and not to mention introducing lesser known characters to the midstream public.

Another cool thing about the show was the voice actors and the comedy (the darker story lines were cool too) but I think as a little girl I was put off by action, like it was more for the boys or maybe it would be scary or something but the Teen Titans did a good job of making action funny and the show was pretty unisex, I also think the characterization and the choice of voice actors were good and really captured the characters.

 Any way until recently the Titans were a thing of the past but then cartoonnetwork decided to make Teen Titan shorts for the DC Nation block along side Green Lantern Animated Series, Young Justice and other shorts thent they decided it would be a better idea to make full length Teen Titan episodes but to make them more like the shorts and the series would be named "Teen Titans Go!"

Then cartoonnetwork announced that Young justice and Green lantern Animated Series were to be  cancelled and many hearts were broken.

Sadly some people blame this new series for the cancellation of the other shows but I don't think that is the case, I feel cartoonnetwork had the perfect opportunity to have a bigger better DC Nation block with Green lantern, Young Justice, Teen Titans and the new batman show or they could have used the popularity of the current shows to help introduce the new ones, then they could have cancelled what ever wasn't the most profitable.

I just feel that if these new shows become flops they can't really turn to Green Lantern or Young Justice for help.

I've seen the first 2 episodes of Teen Titans Go 



 I have to admit that I did laugh, I though Raven watching  My little pony was funny because raven is voiced by Tara strong who voices Twilight Sparkle in my little pony then they had her voice the ponies. (But arguably many people probably thought that Raven watching ponies is out of character which is a good point and I don't disagree with you.)

Sadly the show doesn't look like it is going to be serious any time soon and the animation doesn't look as impressive as it used to be however it does retain the two things that made it so good to begin with and that is the comedy and the voice acting, the characters are still well defined (albeit out of character cartoon watching habits) and it is still very child orientated which can be good or bad depending who you see it, it is good that it introduces young children to superheros but bad because it isn't as interesting to older fans.

Do I think that this is better than Young Justice? No i don't, but it's not bad and if i was 10 years younger I would probably disagree to be honest, who knows, there has literally been 2 episodes so I'll give this series time, it's early days.

No comments:

Post a Comment