Sunday 21 April 2013

My Relationship with Midsomer murders.

I pretty much love all Tv and I usually like Mystery Dramas but something Midsomer murders makes me want to hate it but in reality I end up compelled to watch the whole episode.

Midsomer murders is a British murder mystery Drama that takes place around an area called Midsomers (a small fictional county) the series has been running since 1997 and new episodes air a few times a year, the episodes are usually aired before the watershed and has given plenty of kids (including me) nightmares over the years.

I think most of my hate for the series comes from that time I saw a couple having a picnic then the next time we saw them they were dead in a field  and ever since then til about the age of 8 I would cry uncontrollably every time an episode would air.

now I hate/Love it because the plots are really weird, usually in mystery dramas like Law and order or Lewis etc, a person will kill someone for reason  then they might go on to kill other people to cover up something but Midsomer murders has the craziest motives.

If you though CSI or it's many spin off's had weird murders you haven't seen anything yet, Midsomers is like film HotFuzz expect i'm not sure whether Midsomers is meant to be funny or not.

Each episode seems to have a theme, like one episode all the deaths were golf related, I.E the murder killed his victims with golf items, the whole episode was set around a golf course.
another was set around a miniature model village and it opened up with a dead man pinned to the floor like Gulliver.
 
The most recent Episode was cheese themed, the man killed people with cheese related items because they no longer wanted to make cheese in the traditional way, he killed about 4 people, it was hilarious.

I do respect the series, because it has had such a long and I honestly do find it funny which I love and I would like to think it's meant to funny or sarcastic or something.
I also like how British this is, only in Britain would this ever make sense which is nice, you can easily air other British mystery drama's in america but for some reason I don't think any one else would understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment