Thursday 17 October 2013

FallOutBoy Young Blood Chronicles part 6: Just One Yesterday ft Foxes

Okay I was wrong, I wasn't expecting Just One Yesterday to follow The Mighty Fall because I didn't think they would have two collaboration tracks one after the other but they did.

On The Might Fall post I had this cool comment about the videos being released every 2 months, the might fall was released on the 29th of august and this was released on the 14th of October which is pretty much spot on, I've looked on the dates of the videos on YouTube the first one came out on the 8th of feb, the second on the 24th of march  ans the third on the 18th april so those videos weren't released 2 months after each other, maybe that was just a way of getting the first out quicker so it would gain peoples attention then they started panning them out or maybe there is some kind of meaning (or maybe there is no real reason and they just put them out when they feel like it.)

I'm not great with maths but I'll try an work this out:
part 1 to 2 = 44 days
part 2 to 3 = 25 days
part 3 to 4 = 74 days
part 4 to 5 = 59 days
part 5 to 6 = 48 days
I guess this means the next video will come out late November to mid December.
 I honestly don't see any pattern what so ever but if you think it means something feel free to share in the comments.



About the video now, the first thing you see in this video is a snake and this snake is featured a lot in this video.
The snake first appeared in young volcanoes, to be honest I didn't really think much of the snake until now but it's clear now it's pretty important.
The snake is a milk snake and they aren't venomous although they do look like coral snakes which are poisonous.

http://www.nachi.org/images09/CompareCoralSnake.jpg

Looking at the diagram the snake in video is clearly a milk snake, I'm not sure why they use a milk snake specifically maybe because it resembles a dangerous snake and clearly it's not a good idea to have a deadly snake on set, maybe it's meant to represent something that seems dangerous but in reality it's harmless or maybe it's because it's red.
The colour red is often described as a dangerous colour and lots of people have a fear of snakes so maybe it's just meant to be scary or something (I for one don't really have a fear of things like spiders and snakes so I don't really understand if there is meant to be some kind of fear element.)

As the snake moves over Patrick there are some flash backs.
There is a flash back of the case from the phoenix , the women operating on Patrick from the phoenix and the snake on the table in young volcanoes and a shot of a red van/pick up truck, I'll talk about the truck later.

Patrick wakes up in some woodland area with a snake (where he ended up after the events of the mighty fall.) and starts to walk away, all the band members were separated in the last video and now they are wondering alone and injured.

I came to the conclusion that the videos represent different points in FallOutBoys break up/hiatus, the last video seemed to be about the split it's self (the title the mighty fall seems to describe a break up or fall from grace) so this video seems to be about how they regret the break up and are trying to get back together, the title indicates a feeling of nostalgia and wishing they could go back to the past so that's why they are trying to make their way back together in the video.

As Pete walks through a forest area he sees a red apple on a tree (that tree is clearly not an apple tree and the apple hanging from the branch is the only fruit present.) it's interesting to point out that all the food in young volcanoes was red such as grapes, apples and meat, the snake in the flash back was moving over the apples.
When Pete takes a bite of the apple it's bloody inside like it's made of flesh, he spits out the blood and coughs up a milk snake, this could be an Adam and eve reference because a snake encouraged even to eat an apple even though god had especially told them not to, I think that the apple is a metaphor of temptation but the thing he did wasn't worth the trouble it caused. The video for Young Volcanoes seems to be about temptation so maybe this is like repercussions for all the things they did in that video.

meanwhile Patrick is trying to hitch a ride and most people ignore him which I suppose is understandable seeing as he is covered in blood and has a hook for a hand but he eventually gets picked up by the woman in the red van, Foxes.

Foxes is an English singer/songwriter best known for the vocals on clarity by Zedd and she also features on this track, Foxes and Patrick have a duet whilst driving in the van.

Drummer Andy Hurley approaches a tramp sleeping on a wall, there is a can of beans next to the tramp and Andy tries to take it but gets chased by the tramp, I'm not sure if that has some kind of meaning but presuming it does it could describe how desperate he is that he has to steal from a homeless person and even then failing to do so, maybe there's some deeper meaning but I really don't see it, again if anyone thinks they understand anything or think they have a better explanation please share it in the comments.

Joe approaches a woman putting up her laundry who subsequently runs away in horror, This seems like a weird situation to me because if she was simply putting her washing on the line wouldn't it be in her garden the place looks more like a park or something.
if it were her garden wouldn't you be able to see her house, there is a weird hut thing but that doesn't looks like a house as such and they could've easily got a house (they had houses in The Phoenix) plus if it were a really big garden I doubt Joe could've gotten in her garden that easily, I think this symbolises the term "airing dirty laundry in public" although the laundry isn't dirty or not to begin with any way, it's like something bad has happened to you and everyone knows about it.
He wipes blood on the sheets, rips a bit off and uses it as a bandage followed by flash backs and a shot of a snake on his shoes.

Andy seems to be walking up a dried up artificial river and there is snake, the snakes seems to trigger flash backs, for Patrick it's the case, the snake on the table,the women in The Phoenix and sitting in the chair in Alone Together, for Pete it's the events of Young Volcanoes for Andy it's his room from Alone Together and for Joe it's Young Volcanoes and The mighty Fall.
I think the flash backs are about the things that bothered them the most/the thing they felt most guilty about it kind of relates back to the Bible story, after giving into the temptations in Young Volcanoes (albeit not full aware, more like semi concious.) and now this is their punishment.

whilst in the van foxes lets go of the wheel leans out the window and starts singing it's actually pretty cute watching Patrick Stump freak out and try to take the wheel with a hook for a hand, is this comic relief? it made me smirk.
The videos are pretty gruesome so any thing that's remotely funny stands out, as she sings:
If I spilled my guts
The world would never look at you the same way
And now I’m here to give you all my love
So I can watch your face as I take it all away.
 The video cuts to Pete Wentz chasing after a little girl in dressed as a princess, I mentioned before that children seems to represent fans in the Young Blood Chronicles but this seems different, firstly the child looks sad, Pete looks sad (he's screaming at her, he looks pretty distraught.) and the little girl is being dragged away by a woman and put in a car.
This could mean a number of things, the outfit suggests she's of importance, princess is often a pet name for a woman/girl you love dearly and someone you'd protect and the fact she is being pulled away suggests that they both mean something to each other but someone/some thing is pulling them apart.

Foxes lyrics suggest a relationship break up and although the lyrics are from foxes so they aren't going to be aimed at Pete but it seems to relate to what's happening to him.
The way I see music videos is if the lyrics seems to have a connection with what's happening in the video there probably is because other wise why would they do it?

The little girl still could be a fan but maybe someone who Pete knows personally, he has a son so the little girl could represent him but that seems strange, it could represent his ex wife or someone else entirely who knows, some artists feels more comfortable expressing their feelings and sharing things through music than via interviews and the media so there maybe themes and references that we won't get, like an inside joke.(except it's not really a joke...)
However I think it could be his ex or his son.

As Foxes continues to sing she leans out of the window even further, presuming this has some kind of meaning it is most likely her way of trying to escape, at this point it doesn't really seems like she has a reason for wanting to escape but almost climbing out the window would be a good sign of wanting to get out or ignore the situation at hand also by letting go of the wheel she risks both her life and Patrick's, their deaths  would also result in escape.

Mean while Pete is banging on the window of the car to try and get to the girl but the older woman pepper sprays him again this suggest that Pete thinks a lot about the child, maybe the child doesn't think of him as that important as she didn't fight the woman but she still doesn't want him to go, the woman pepper spraying him also suggests that something/someone is pulling them apart.

As the truck keeps driving the other members are found by the road side and picked up, this seemed weird right? I get the feeling who ever is behind this knows exactly what they are doing.
 They let them get away just to catch them again, it's like they are giving them hope and then taking it away like a game of cat and mouse.
I would seem unlikely that they would all just turn up right where the van was going and they would all be reunited so conveniently unless it was a trap.

They pull up at Linda vista community hospital, this hospital is well know for being a filming location often for music videos and films and infamous for paranormal investigations, Foxes eyes turn black and a snake slithers over the steering wheel.

I was wondering whether Foxes would turn out to be evil even before the video came out because all the women seems to be evil (excluding 2 chainz who wasn't a woman but also evil.) another thing was her solo, her lyrics were angry although they clearly weren't aimed at anyone in FallOutBoy and it was probably about a past boyfriend or something but I wondered if they could turn the focus onto someone but I'm not sure she really is evil, obviously going to Linda Vista isn't a good thing and black eyes and a snake on the steering wheel isn't great but I get the feeling she's being made to do this like she doesn't really want to do it maybe that's why she let go of the wheel because she didn't want to do it besides the snake doesn't make her evil i mean everyone had a snake of thier own at some point in the video any way, I guess the shocker is that she is some how linked to the organisation/gang then she seems.
  I think the thing with the eyes is similar to what happens to Patrick when his eyes turn yellow, a stimulus will cause their personalities to change for Patrick it's the music tape not sure what it is for Foxes.
I do wonder if she will appear in a later video, if you think about it Big Sean was in both Alone Together and The Mighty Fall so maybe she will made a second appearance, I want to know whether she is actually evil or like FallOutBoy and Big Sean who are just pawns in some horrible game of cat and mouse.

Foxes turns on the tape player and it starts playing the song that turns Patrick's eyes yellow, his personality changes and the band run off into the hospital as Patrick chases after them.

It wouldn't be stupid to assume that the next video what ever it is takes place in Linda Vista and There are probably people in there waiting for them but I guess were're just going to have to wait to see.

I wonder what the next video is? I still think they are saving Rat a tat and Saving Rock and Roll for later on, there aren't that many tracks left now but I think the next one will be Where Did The Party Go if not maybe Death Valley  , Where Did The Party Go just seems like a good progression from Just One Yesterday, moving on from a song about Nostalgia and regret to another song about nostalgia of better days.
But I have been wrong before.





12 comments:

  1. Dear Shannon thank you for mentioning my comment from the mighty fall post in this post seems i was wrong about the dates also i think i know the order of the last 5 videos; where did the party go, miss missing you, death valley, rat a tat and save rock and roll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good comment :) thank you for posting it, you were pretty spot on I think the first 3 were closer together so people didn't lose interest before the story actually started to unfold. I have no idea whats next but I do think Rat a tat and saving rock and roll are the last two.

      Delete
  2. Pretty sure the video for Alone Together was in the Linda Vista hospital too, Google it, look for the stained glass window which is in the chapel - looks the same as in Patrick's scenes. Also, at the start if you look past the 'Ratatat' car you can see a red vehicle in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you I had no Idea, I'm not going to lie I had no idea what Linda Vista was until I saw this video.
      You're right there is a red vehicle in Alone Together it's kind of hard to see because it's dark but it would be too much of a coincidence if it's not meant to be the van, if not it might turn up later.

      Delete
  3. Your reviews are great! I read them after every video is up! I look forward to reading more. No one I know has watched the youngblood chronicles so it's great to read these... I wonder what the big story at the end is though... Something I have noticed though is that it seems really dark and gloomy... I wonder if Fall Out Boy are going to make any progress or advances, like will something positive happen? Or will we learn anything important or be given any more clues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I quite like talking about the videos with other people and seeing what other people though.

      I love the story they are telling, even though most of the time after every video I have more questions than I did before watching but it's fun trying to work out what it means and waiting for the next one.
      I hope something nice happens at some point.
      I think it'll break my heart if it has a sad ending.

      Delete
  4. Dear Shannon as every one has said brilliant reviews. i have some theories about the last 5 videos
    firstly i think every ones figured this out already but ill say it any way, i think Courtney is the leader of the evil woman. secondly i think the feats apart from Courtney are good guys because of the lyrics used e.g She's sick and she's wrong She's young dirty blonde And you sink inside her like a suicide bomb He says "I've seen bigger" She says "I've lit better". i think this suggests that foxes was being threatened by the evil woman so she helps so she had no choice but to turn Patrick into the possessed psycho he is then helping fall out boy prompting Courtney to posses foxes like the group of woman did to pat making it sound like that the too of them are suicide bombs but Elton's singing saves them. i also think that pat loves foxes because in this video just one yesterday he looked like he was trying to protect foxes when she leaned out of the window. and finally the hospital i think the band are running into a trap as the Anonymous writer put on the 19 October 2013 13:28 that Linda Vista looks like the setting for alone together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Courtney Love is behind it all too I just wonder what she's trying to achieve (presuming it is her that is).
      I don't think foxes was evil (I think she was being threatened/used, her eyes changed black so she isn't really any different to Patrick Stump) and I don't we've seen the last of her.
      I feel bad for them, everything they do turns into a trap in one way or another, not sure about the rest of the ideas but I don't have any better ideas, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

      Delete
    2. thank you again for replying. let me tell you why i think the order of the last videos are what i said in a previous comment. firstly part 7 where did the party go. i think this will be the next video as it says in the lyrics "I'm here to collect your hearts". i think WDTPG is the next video because at the end of JOY Pete, Andy and Joe are being chased by Patrick who is trying to kill them. part 8 miss missing you. i think this will be part 8 as it says "I know I’m the one you want to forget" i think FOB will be recaptured in part 7 with some help by Patrick. anyway back to my Patrick - Foxes love theory i think this will be right as it says in MMY "Now you’re gone But I’ll be okay Your hot whiskey eyes Have fanned the flames Maybe I’ll burn a little brighter tonight Let the fire breathe me back to life Baby, you were my picket fence I miss missing you now and then Chlorine kissed summer skin" i think Patrick is describing foxes. any way back to the last 3, i think part 9 will be death Vally as i agree with you that the last 2 might be part 10 rat a tat and part 11 save rock and roll and that the middle song in the final 5 videos also i think the Patrick Foxes love theme will continue in death valley as well as in RAT. i have mentioned why pat loves foxes in RAT in DV the theme of love gets used a lot and i think that pat is singing about foxes and not wanting to lose her. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

      Delete
    3. Wow.
      I was thinking although I wasn't sure why exactly, that where did the party go would be next but then the more I thought about it ,because I didn't have any actual reasoning to begin with that it could be miss missing you or death valley but after your comment I think that it will be Where did the party go.
      I think it will fit, the song's sounds to me like it's about one minute everyone is there celebrating your success then as soon as it looks awry they leave and I think that fits into the whole "the videos represents a part of the breakup/reunion" thing.

      Where did the party go is pretty romantic too (kind of) maybe more lust than romance, thinking about it I don't think the previous songs were particularly romantic either so maybe there is something going on but I have been thinking, 2 chainz wasn't featured in a track but appeared in a video maybe someone else will make a cameo.

      Delete
  5. Hey Shannon
    its been a while since my last comment and there's still no part 7 i hope they hurry up. any way i have noticed in the videos some weird and some funny stuff in the videos firstly my songs; does using a flamethrower on a fire do anything. Secondly the phoenix i noticed that Pat, Pete and Joe get knocked out where as Andy just gets pushed into the van hardly seems fair on the others. Thirdly Young Volcanoes i noticed that pat wiped his mouth with a napkin bit random don't you think. Fourthly Alone Together why would one of the woman release Pete was she a good guy. Fithly Mighty Fall why would Pete put out the fire that was destroying the van was he planning to steal it and finally Just One Yesterday when Pete barfs up blood and a snake when they do a birds eye view of it where is the blood and when they find each other again how does Pete jump that high to get in the back of foxes van and how can they run so fast when there being chased by pat. looking forward to your next blog
    David Sweetman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite excited for the next video, I really want to see what song they are using.
      It is a little weird because they must have realized that using a flamethrower on a fire wouldn't actually make any difference, I think all the things that happen probably have a reason, because music videos are pretty short and there isn't any point in wasting time including anything that doesn't have a purpose, do you know what I mean?

      Sometimes in movies or tv shows I find things don't make sense until you see the end or something happens later on to tie it in, maybe some of the seemingly random things won't be as random in the end.

      Delete