Monday 8 July 2013

Ultimate Spider-man: Ultimate Deadpool

I thought this was easily the best episode in a while, I even giggled out loud a few times which is an achievement because usually when I find something funny I smirk or even worse just blow more air out my nose but this episode actually made me laugh which is nice.

Of course Deadpool can't be too violent because of the children who watch Ultimate Sspider-man, I think that is the problem with Deadpool Because I would love for a Deadpool animated series but what could you do with it, Disney owns Marvel so the obvious option would be to air it on Disney XD with Spider-man and the Avengers but clearly you can't have strong langue, sexual references and gore but would you play down the violence and innuendo to the point where it isn't really Deadpool any more for the sake of toy sales.

 (I think DC Nation had this problem on CartoonNetwork where The fanbase was mostly made up of teens who didn't want toys and they were less profitable than they had hoped, CartoonNetwork cut it's loses and  cancelled Young Justice and Green Lantern)

Or would you make it darker and slightly more grown up for the sake of breaking him into the public eye to hopefully set him up for a movie franchise and hopefully make money that way.

Or do you just make some straight to DVD film/series and keep it fairly low budget.

Deadpool is a tough cookie when it comes to marketing, I'm glad they put him in an episode, he made a few cameos and I really didn't think it would come to more than that and I back their decision and the way he was represented even if he was tame in compassion to other incarnations.

Deadpool was voiced by Will Friedle who was Eric Mathews in Boy Meets World and Ron Stoppable in Kim Possible, Not everyone seemed to like him as Deadpool but I like Will Friedle (maybe I wouldn't have chosen him to voice Deadpool though).

Something that did annoy me however was that his origin story was changed, okay maybe a huge plot dump of an origin story would be boring and maybe it isn't the nicest origin story to be telling the kids but I don't think they needed to change completely, Ultimate Spider-man focuses on Nick Fury and S.H.E.I.L.D more so to involve the X-men and weapon X would could confuse the children and would take forever to explain.

It was cool to see howthe spider-man from the "Ultimate Spider-man" universe would react with Deadpool, because this spider-man breaks the fourth-wall like Deadpool in the comics and spider-man is pretty immature and this spider-man is pretty similar to Deadpool but at the same time they have very different views and opinions so that was fun to see play out.

I can't help get the feeling that marvel is trying harder to break Deadpool out of the comics recently  with the Deadpool Video game, this episode of spider-man and he will also appear in the Lego marvel video game so hopefully everyone will  be hearing a lot more about deadpool

No comments:

Post a Comment